Roof Restoration Insurance Claims
New View Roofing Specializes in Roof Restoration Involving Insurance Claims
Have you discovered significant storm damage to your roof?
As homeowners, we are proud of our home. We purchased, decorated, cared for, and in some cases, raised families in it.
It can be emotional to see your home damaged and not know if it can be returned to its original glory.
Rest easy. If its primarily roof damage, an expert roofing contractor can repair or replace your roof if necessary.
Here is how to navigate through emergency “tarping” and the confusing task of interacting with insurance companies, adjusters, roofing contractors and sometimes your mortgage company.
Step 1: Don’t Get On The Roof… Let An Expert Handle It!
If you see significant damage from your position in the yard, don’t attempt to address the problem yourself. Leave it to the pros.
Contact a professional roofer who will rush to your home, climb the roof and secure a protective coat using tarps to reduce the likelihood of further water damage inside the home.
At the first sign of severe storms, we launch crews to observe the damage.
So we’re likely already in your area.
They will also perform a full evaluation of the damage including providing pictures, video and written documentation that will prove invaluable to the insurance company. You may also request an estimate to repair or replace the roof.
Step 2: Contact Your Insurance Company And Confirm What Your Policy Covers
If the damage is significant, be sure to contact your insurance company immediately. Locate your current policy and confirm what is, and what is not, covered.
You’ll have an insurance deductible so if the damage is not too severe, you can repair the roof without the need to make a claim on your insurance.
Step 3: Choose A Prestigious Roofing Contractor With Insurance Expertise
If your claim is covered under your homeowner’s policy, you will be given funds to repair the damage. The task of selecting a qualified and trustworthy local roofing contractor is assigned to the homeowner. Hopefully you already have a relationship with a roofing company and they have been alongside you the entire time.
Otherwise, you will have to select one for your project. It’s your responsibility so select wisely. There are steps that can be taken to work properly with a roofing contractor. In short:
- The old adage is probably true for homeowners looking for a qualified roofing contractor… you should get 3 quotes
- You HAVE to check Google, Facebook and BBB reviews
- Consider only seasoned, full time, accredited and insured roofing professionals
- Don’t accidently sign a contingency contract (meaning, the roofer gets the job if your insurance company pays) during the inspection and estimate process
- Pay all contractors by check or credit card, so there is a documented trial of payments
Do not under any circumstances pay a contractor one half, two thirds or in full, until the work has been finished.
Bonus Tip: Choose a roofing contractor that has expertise in dealing with insurance projects. It’s a different experience than a standard project and you don’t want to drag your roofing contractor along and educate him on how to navigate the insurance claim process.
How Long Has Your Last Roof Inspection Been?
The Texas Department Of Insurance
The Texas Department Of Insurance Website Offers Excellent Tips For
Homeowners That Have Experienced Storm Damage.
1. Call your insurance agent or company as soon as possible to report property damage. You should have their contact information handy but if not, get help using our (TDI’s) Company Lookup or call their Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439.
2. Keep a record of everyone you talked to with your insurance agency. Be prepared to answer questions about the damage. If you need financial help, ask your agent about an advance payment.
3. Read our (TDI’s) statement about deductibles after a storm if you have experienced back-to-back storms.
4. File your claim. Follow the call immediately with a written claim to protect your rights under Texas’ prompt-pay law. Contact your auto insurance company if your car was damaged by the storm and you have comprehensive coverage.
5. Make a list of your damaged property. Take pictures and videos of the damage if possible. Don’t throw away damaged items until your insurance adjuster has seen them.
6. Remove standing water and dry the area as soon as possible. Move water-soaked items to a dry, well-ventilated area. If you must move items outdoors, put them in a secure area to protect them from theft.
7. Make repairs needed to protect your home and property from more damage. Cover broken windows and holes to keep rain out. Don’t make permanent repairs until instructed by your insurance company. Keep a record of how much you spend on repairs and save all receipts.
8. Try to be there when the adjuster inspects your damage. You may also have your roofing contractor at the inspection or have the contractor review the adjuster’s report before settling the claim.
Learn About Our Roofing Services
Many damaged roofs can be repaired providing your family with thousands of dollars in savings! Don’t wait until it’s too late, call us now!
Your family will appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing every roof is installed using our same proven process every… single… time.
Hail & Storm
North Texas weather conditions can take a toll on your roof, requiring any number of roof repairs and oftentimes a full roof replacement.
We have wide-spread experience providing commercial roof repair and installation services to businesses both large and small. How can we help?